17 Sept 2013

"I am not my hair but it's a major part of me..."

Ever wonder why hair is as fragile as the heart
Ever wonder why a woman is her hair...

Ever wonder why you'd spend ages at the hair dresser
Ever wonder why you'll find solace in a pair of scissors...

Ever wonder why this-or-that went with the look
Ever wonder why dad shaved you bald at the age of one...

Ever wonder why you attached your hair to the letter
Ever wonder why all the men would give you a stare...

Well-
I wondered and I learned..

I learned that my hair was me
I still wonder why they say "akili ni nywele"...

I learned that change came from within
I still wonder why there was comfort in the pair of chop-chop-chops...

I learned that change is always achievable
But most of all-
I learned that "I am not my hair but it's a major part of me..."

Pic Courtesy of @thekasichana

No comments: